Call for proposals for doctoral researchers
Twenty Fourth submission deadline: 11 June 2019
The circulation of PhD researchers is an important element of the training activities of the Eu-SPRI Forum network. It is part of the development of the European training platform which Eu-SPRI Forum aims to develop in the area of science and innovation policy studies. It addresses our objective of offering a European pathway to PhD researchers in this field.
EU-SPRI Forum now invites PhD researchers to apply for the next round of PhD circulation.
Member organisations are:
- Université Paris-Est, Institut Francilien Recherche Innovation Société (IFRIS)
- Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC), Spain
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (UAM-Accenture Chair on Economics and Management of Innovation)
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Richerche (CNR), CERIS Institute for Research on Firm and Growth, Rome
- Politecnico di Milano
- Consorzio Universitario in Ingenieria per la Qualita e l’Innovazione, QUINN, Pisa
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
- CIRCLE, Lund University, Sweden
- Manchester Institute of Innovation Research, University of Manchester, UK
- Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Karlsruhe, Germany
- NIFU, Norway
- University of Twente, Institute of Innovation and Governance Studies (IGS)
- VTT, in collaboration with Helsinki Institute of Science and Technology Studies (HIST)
- Innovation Studies, Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development , Universiteit Utrecht
This call is open to doctoral researchers in their second year of PhD thesis or beyond (and early stage researchers, who have completed their PhD within the past 12 months, in exceptional circumstances).
Topic Areas supported
This mobility call is restricted to research topics relating to science, technology and innovation policy including studies of science, technological innovation processes and entrepreneurship which may have relevance for policy.
How to apply
1. You must first discuss your proposed visit with a potential supervisor at your chosen host institution. Both the ‘PhD Home’ institute and ‘PhD Host’ institute must be members of the Eu-SPRI Forum Network. You must confirm that they are prepared to accept you if your proposal is selected.
2. Send the following documents to Debbie.email@example.com
- A completed application form (download from Eu-SPRI Forum web site; www.euspri-forum.eu)
(This does not need to be signed by all parties at application stage)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Letter / email of support from Host Supervisor
- Letter / email of support from Home Supervisor
- 1 other academic reference
3. Your application will be evaluated by a committee from the Eu-SPRI Forum Training Group. You will be informed of the outcome when a decision has been made (within 1 month).
- Eu-SPRI will award a lump sum of 2,500 Euros per candidate (for travel expenses and accommodation)
- If your application is successful, the letter of Intent must then be signed by all parties who must agree to the terms outlined in it
- On completion of the circulation you must provide an evaluation report to the Eu-SPRI network which will be placed on the website
- If you think you need any further information please email Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com