At the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the key motivations for evaluation and the distinctive features of the evaluation of science, technology and innovation policies, programmes, institutions and systems,
- Be aware of the main academic literature addressing science and technology evaluation and key examples of evaluations in practice,
- Understand how evaluation has evolved in relation to changing policies for science, technology and innovation,
- Have gained practical insight into the main tools and methods for the design and conduct of evaluations, and therefore
- Be able to commission, interpret and use evaluations across the spectrum of STI policies and
- Be able to design and apply evaluation concepts in the context of a practical situation.