The visiting researcher programme at the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research MIOIR is open to researchers who are employed in Universities and appropriate organisations, who wish to spend a period of time in Manchester working at the Institute on their own research. Researchers are appointed an advisor for their stay of study.
If you are interested in applying for a research visit at MIOIR please download and complete the attached application form. You need to identify an appropriate member of staff who might share your research interests. A full list of MIOIR staff can be found on the MIOIR website.
Download the application form >>
Completed application forms and a current CV should be returned to Deborah.email@example.com.
A bench fee to cover University costs is applicable for a research stay and this cost is £450 per month.
We have a particular process for individuals wishing to come to Alliance Manchester Business School as Visiting Students. You would need to identify a particular academic at the School with whom you would wish to work during your visit and receive their agreement to supervise you for that time. For information about our academics, you can conduct a keyword search in our online Academic Staff Directory at:
If you make a positive contact with someone, you then need to make a full application to the School (meeting the same entry requirements as a normal PhD applicant), which will then be considered. For details of our entry requirements, please visit our website at:
Your application would need to consist of:
- Online application form (located via the above link). On your application form, you should indicate the proposed supervisor’s name and state that you are applying as a Visiting Student.
- 3000-word Research Proposal (guidelines attached) (1500 words only required for MIOIR visiting Doctoral Researchers)
- Degree certificates and grade transcripts of all previous degree qualifications you have been awarded (these documents must be written in English).
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE English language test result - please refer to the Entry Requirements section of our website for details of the scores we require.
- Two academic references, preferably from your most recent degree. Each referee must provide a letter of reference on the official letter headed paper of their institution, be freshly dated and bear their signature.
- A statement from your current University confirming the start date of your PhD studies with them, the stage of study that you are currently at, and their agreement to you visiting AMBS.
- A statement of your research plan during the visiting period and justification confirming the connection between AMBS expertise and facilities to enable you to undertake your research work and research project. This must also state the proposed start and end dates for your visit.
- Evidence of how you intend to fund your time with us (including your living expenses). This can be in the form of up-to-date bank statements if you are self-financing, or a letter of sponsorship.
For information: Fees are payable for Visiting Students currently at the rate of £4,500 per year.
For the application process please contact the PGR office at AMBS directly.
Please contact Lynne Barlow-Cheetham (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply as a visiting student.