EWERC projects seek to extend our knowledge and understanding of patterns of convergence and divergence in national employment models, as well as to interrogate the dynamics of globalisation shaping the world of work.
Books & book chapters
- G. Bosch, S. Lehndorff and J. Rubery eds. (2009) European Employment Models in Flux: A Comparison of Institutional Change in Nine European Countries Basingstoke: Palgrave
- Grimshaw, D. and Rubery, J. (forthcoming) ‘Multinational companies and the host country environment’, in A.-W. Harzing and A. Pinnington (eds.) International Human Resource Management, 3rd edition, Sage.
- Rubery, J., Grimshaw, D., Donnelly, R. and Urwin, P. (2009) ‘Revisiting the UK model: from basket case to success story and back again?’, in G. Bosch, S. Lehndorff and J. Rubery (eds.)European Employment Models in Flux: a Comparison of Institutional Change in Nine European Countries, Palgrave.
- Méhaut, P., Berg, P., Grimshaw, D. and Jaehrling, K. (2010) ‘Cleaning and nursing in hospitals: institutional variety and the reshaping of low wage jobs’, in J. Gautié and J. Schmitt (eds.) Low-Wage Work in the Wealthy World, New York: Russell Sage Foundation.
- Rubery, J. (2010) Institutionalizing the employment relationship in G. Morgan et al. ed. The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Institutional Analysis OUP
- Rubery, J. Simonazzi, A. and Ward, K. (2010) ‘Exploring international migration and outsourcing through an institutional lens’, in Globalisation, labour markets and international adjustment - Essays in honour of Palle S Andersen, BIS Papers No 50 Bank for International Settlements Basle
- Berrebi-Hoffmann, I., Grimshaw, D., Lallement, M. and Miozzo, M. (2010) ‘Employment challenges facing the knowledge economy in Europe: The case of IT services’, Work Organisation, Labour and Globalisation, 4 (1): 84-103.
- Grimshaw, D. and Lehndorff, S. (2010) ‘Anchors for job quality: Sectoral systems of employment in the European context’, Work Organisation, Labour and Globalisation, 4 (1): 24-40.
- Grimshaw, D. and Miozzo, M. (2009) ‘New human resource management practices in knowledge-intensive service firms: the case of outsourcing and staff transfer’, Human Relations, 62 (10): 1521-1550.
- Oscar Rodriguez Ruiz and Miguel Martinez Lucio. "The study of HRM in Spain: the Americanization of Spanish research and the politics of denial?" International Journal of Human Resource Management 21 (2010): 18.
Grimshaw, D. and Rubery, J. (2010) ‘Minimum wage systems and changing industrial relations in Europe: Comparative report’, Report prepared for the EC project ‘Minimum Wage Systems and Changing Industrial Relations in Europe’, available at the minimum wage project page